The SFC Graduate Trainee Programme is a custom-designed 3-year talent development programme* with the following aims:
- Providing challenging career opportunities to bright, young and driven individuals who possess public service motivation and have the passion to build a long-term career with the SFC
- Ensure a vital pipeline of young talent flowing into key functional areas of the Commission
Three-pronged approach to graduate training and development
Relationship-based learning with coaching, multi-source feedback as well as networking.
Working closely with SFC colleagues will form a central part of every trainee’s development process throughout the programme. This will take in coaching, multi-source feedback, opportunities to interact with members of senior management and a range of valuable networking opportunities.
Experience-based learning to expose Graduate Trainees to broad-based work experience in various regulatory functions.
Learning through practical experience is a vital step on the road to developing the specialist expertise roles with the SFC require. Trainees will take on three eight-month functional attachments within one of the following divisions/departments, before moving into a full-year job placement in the programme’s third year.
- Corporate Finance
- Intermediaries Supervision, Intermediaries
- Investment Products
- Licensing, Intermediaries
Trainees will also benefit from participation in various intra- and cross-divisional project activities during the course of the programme, further expanding the scope of their skills and experience.
Education-based learning to assist Graduate Trainees to acquire technical, management and relationship skills through a comprehensive and structured training curriculum.
The programme also places an important emphasis on the value of direct education, with a curriculum structure spanning the entire three years designed to continuously develop trainee knowledge from orientation through to management, relationship and technical skills, including computing and languages. This will come in the form of classroom activities, in-house sharing sessions and seminars and a selection of e-learning modules.
Graduate Trainee Programme Brochure
You can find more details about the programme in the Graduate Trainee Programme Brochure.
We are now inviting applications from final year undergraduate students who possess the following academic background and qualities:
- University degree, preferably majoring in Risk Management, Quantitative Finance, Law, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Analytics.
- Good academic results with predicted upper second-class honours or above.
- Individuals with interest in and understanding of the application of technology in Financial Services such as Regtech will be an advantage.
- Possess public service orientation with a strong sense of responsibility and integrity.
- A good team player with leadership potential and effective organization skills.
- Receptive to change and adaptable.
- Preferably with internship experience and with demonstrated achievements in extra-curricular activities.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua.
Application is closed.
Last update: 3 Mar 2021